Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Picks: Vintages Release -- February 5 2011 Addendum

I can't believe I forgot to mention a white wine from Baden (Germany); specifically from Königschaffhausen, which is just a half-hour drive down the A5 from my old home in Lahr, where I lived and worked for 8 years!  Of course, I have a nostalgic fondness for wines from Baden, and we rarely see them pass through Vintages/LCBO.  Here it is:

KÖNIGSCHAFFHAUSER PINOT GRIS TROCKEN 2009, QbA Baden (Germany); #597500; Price: $13.95; 12.5% ABV
Known as Grauburgunder in German, it's a specialty of Baden, which is just across the Rhine River from Alsace.  Zum Wohl!

(My full list of picks are here.)

Subscribing to this blog through RSS or email is easy! Just click on the subscribe link to the left ←

No comments:

Post a Comment